Maybe you have realized it when you saw my name on my publications: I really have a long name, that is why I just abbreviate it by Ostad. Some of my students just called me Dr.O. (I am glad it was not Dr. NO)…I liked it and started to use it too wherever possible.
My career started back in 2001 at the Vienna University of Technology. Until the end of 2011, I was leading research and development projects in university, which were related to ecodesign and sustainable product development. Cooperations with companies such as Siemens Transportation, Steelcase, Philips, Palfinger, Abatec, Engel or Dassault Systems (Catia) lead to development of innovative and sustainable products. Company specific assistance tools and new environmental assessment methods were also developed through some of the projects.
The transition of ecodesign into early product development and design stages was the main focus of my research work. I developed concepts for the integration of ecodesign methods in CAD and PDM systems.
In 2011 I decided to continue my work directly in industry. I am still affiliated with the Vienna University of Technology. I teach the lectures Creativity Engineering in winter semesters and do research in the aforementioned topics. In addition, I have initiated the International Summer School on Creativity Engineering which is held in different international universities. At the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University in Stuttgart, Germany I am lecturing Engineering Design.
From 2011 onwards I was working at Magna Steyr Engineering in Germany as project leader for interior development. Magna is a global company that develops cars and car components. My responsibilities included the development of interior parts – e.g. I developed the new NVH (Noise Vibration and Harshness) of the Daimler CLS Shooting Brake car, which entered European markets by end of 2012. Various other car projects for Daimler, Qoros and Porsche marked my career at Magna Steyr.
In mid 2014 I changed my company and started to work at Ferchau Engineering in Germany. I am head of the Business Unit OEM – responsible for implementing Daimler (Mercedes-Benz) engineering projects with with a team of engineers.
- Since 07.2017: Head of Center of Competence Process Planning at SWJ Engineering
- Since 11.2011: Part time lecturer at Vienna University of Technology
- 09.2015 – 06.2017: Business Unit Manager OEM (Automotive) at Ferchau Engineering GmbH
- 04.2014 – 04.2016: Part time lecturer at Baden Wuerttemberg Cooperate State University (DHBW) Stuttgart
- 04.2014 – 08.2015: Senior Account Manager OEM (Automotive) at Ferchau Engineering GmbH
- 11.2011 – 03.2014: Project Leader at Magna Steyr Engineering Germany
- 01.2007 – 10.2011: Researcher and lecturer at Vienna University of Technology
- 01.2002 – 12.2006: Academic staff and lecturer at Vienna University of Technology
- 2016: Invited as guest speaker at Washington State University, Washington, USA and Idaho State University, Idaho, USA with focus on engineering challenges in the automotive industry.
- 2016: Invited guest speaker and project judge at La Sabana University, Bogotá, Colombia in the scope of „Week of Innovation and Entrepreneurship“
- 2014: Invited guest speaker at EcoDes Summit 2014 in Nantes, France
- 2011: Invited lecturer at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), Johor Bahru, Malaysia
- 2009-2011: Invited guest lecturer at Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
- 2008: Invited guest speaker at 1st International Conference on Industry Safety, Occupational Health and Safety in Organizations, Isfahan, Iran
- 2007: Invited guest speaker at Student Summit for Sustainability, Tokyo, Japan
- 2006: Invited guest lecturer/ speaker at Michigan Technological University, Houghton, Michigan, USA
- 2006: Invited guest speaker at Tecnologico de Monterrey, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico in the scope of ENTORNO 2006